I recently started playing Summoners War: Sky Arena, a well designed role playing game (RPG), and it has since consumed hours of free time. It is instantly playable for a newbie as free to play (f2p), but has a progressive structure that is almost infinite, as you continually battle to get more resources and better, more rare monsters.
There are a lot of good tips and guides on the Internet, but when I first started playing, I found the advice hit or miss. As I’ve gained experience at the game, I’ve realized this is because different strategies are optimal for different stages of the game, and following a tip designed for mid-game may not be very efficient in the early phases (and vice-versa).
With that in mind, here are the phases of the game as I currently think of them:
- Beginner – You are just starting the game, are learning the basics and are primarily using the tutorial monsters as the core of your team. This is a short phase which will only last a day or two at most.
- Early game – You have built a team of 4 monsters that are all maxed as 3-stars, with possibly one evolved to a 4-star
- Mid game – When you open up Faimon Volcano and can beat section 1, you’ve entered the mid game. You will spend a long time in this phase before you reach the late game.
- Late game – Late game is a bit squishy, but here are the things that define the transition for me:
- You have a full team (4) of 6-star monsters for the arena
- You can beat level 7 of the Halls of Water, Fire and Wind
- You can reasonably compete in the Arena above the 1300 mark and get increased glory points per battle
Using these definitions, I’ll post tips and guides that can be used appropriately for newbies through the late game and link to them from this post. My tips will be what seem to work for me, but I’d love to hear feedback from others, so comments are welcome!